Update (3rd Jan'13): The Government had today decided to remove the RM500 cap for the mobile phone purchase price.
The Malaysian Government had recently released the details of the Pakej Komunikasi Belia which is the RM200 rebate for the purchase of smartphones under the Malaysian Budget 2013 which was announced back in September 2013.
The details are as below:
- Malaysian with the age between 21 and 30 years
- Gross income of RM3000 and below
- 3G Smartphones must be below the maximum of RM500
- Only valid per person
- Broadband service to be applied with either Maxis, Celcom, DiGi, U Mobile, YES, TuneTalk, Clixster
Registration begins as early as 7am on January 2013. Application could be done between Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2013 or the quota of RM300 million is met, whichever comes first.
Further details could be done as below:
- 1800 88 4040 (8.30am ~ 5.30pm beginning January 2013)